Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Griffin's Zucchini Boats

Options
joe@bge
joe@bge Posts: 394
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum

I decided to try Griffin's Zucchini Boats.  I followed his recipe for the most part except I opted for southwest seasoning (very similar to his tex-mex seasoning) and I used sundried tomatoes.  Very good flavor, but next time I think when I take them off the grill and serve, I am going to top with marinara or pasta sauce.  Very good overall and credits to Griffin's Grub for sharing!

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Or maybe mix the pasta sauce in with the meat. Seems like you have to be pre
    tty heavy handed with the meat seasoning so it shines along with the zucchini. Glad you tried it.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• joe@bge
    joe@bge Posts: 394
    Options
    Or maybe mix the pasta sauce in with the meat. Seems like you have to be pre tty heavy handed with the meat seasoning so it shines along with the zucchini. Glad you tried it.
    Yep...I did two tablespoons of the southwest seasoning as you did with the tex-mex...and the southwest had some chipotle powder in it and it gave the mixture some pretty good zip.  I was happy with that part - it just seemed that the final product (to me) was begging for some pasta sauce!  :D
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Options
    Those look outstanding. I can't wait to make them!!!! 

Thanks for sharing.
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    Options
    how well would these hold up if you sliced them up and made appetizers out of them?
  • lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    Options
    Those look outstanding.  Thanks to you (and Griffin).  I will be giving those a try.

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • Richfrancis
    Options
    Thanks for the help.  I'll give them a try