Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Measurement question

bjadamsbjadams Posts: 24
edited July 2012 in EGG Table Forum
Newbie here and not exactly Mr. Fixit.

I'm a bit confused about that table top to shelf top measurement for the large egg. I  have a new egg so I guess it has the spring type hinge. In visualizing this I am trying to understand, how crucial is this measurement? I'm guessing a measurement that is too small (say 13 inches) would place the egg too high in the table and a measurement that is too large would stop the cover from opening. The larger measurement, could be "fixed" by adding paver or brick to raise the egg. As I plan to put a paving stone on top of the bottom shelf and not recessed as some plans show I was going to use 17 inches. Does this sound alright?

Comments