While my brand new EGG has been sitting in the box for three weeks, I
picked up my new table from the vendor today. Imagine the disappointment
I felt when I discovered the tabletop had sustained shipping damage when I opened the box. I called the dealer and they immediately said I could return it, and get a new table in three weeks. Three more weeks? I bought this thing to use it this summer, three more weeks was just unacceptable. It's amazing what a rubber mallet, glue, and deck screws can do in a pinch. While it ain't the prettiest repair I've ever done, it is quite functional.
Then I discovered that the lower shelf has one hole per side to mount it, but the leg assembly has two. Obviously this is so the shelf height can be varied but there were no instructions for guidance in the package or on the website. It took me installing it in the upper holes first only to find the correct position when using a paving tile underneath is the lower hole. This is too much to go through for such a premium item at a premium price.
The last photo shows my ultimate success (Looks like an ad, I know).
Work demands will keep me away from cooking this weekend. Next weekend - away we go!
LBGE - July 2012