Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

to inject or not to inject...

Mole351Mole351 Posts: 110
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
that is the question.

been watching BBQ Pitmasters and they all injected (except the winner...coincidence?).  I know they're pressed for time so have to use some "tricks" given their time constraints, but for the most part, can one really tell that much of a difference by injecting?  depend on what it is?

i haven't done it...debating getting an injector though.

Comments

• ncbbqncbbq Posts: 257
    You just opened a can of worms. I've never injected but others do. To each their own.
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    I have two injectors and after injecting several pork shoulders over the last couple of years, I can honestly say I will never inject another one.  Just can't see ANY difference between the butts that were injected and the ones that weren't.

I'm sure others will weigh in with different opinions, just like foiling or not foiling.  That's what makes Q so much fun.  Different people get different results with same methods.