Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

to inject or not to inject...

Mole351Mole351 Posts: 110
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
that is the question.

been watching BBQ Pitmasters and they all injected (except the winner...coincidence?).  I know they're pressed for time so have to use some "tricks" given their time constraints, but for the most part, can one really tell that much of a difference by injecting?  depend on what it is?

i haven't done it...debating getting an injector though.

Comments

• ncbbqncbbq Posts: 257
    You just opened a can of worms. I've never injected but others do. To each their own.
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    I have two injectors and after injecting several pork shoulders over the last couple of years, I can honestly say I will never inject another one.  Just can't see ANY difference between the butts that were injected and the ones that weren't.

I'm sure others will weigh in with different opinions, just like foiling or not foiling.  That's what makes Q so much fun.  Different people get different results with same methods.