Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Almost bought a mini

AleBrewerAleBrewer Posts: 555
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I was out doing some shopping when I happened to spot a Big Green Egg banner at the entrance to a shopping plaza. (I am about 1500 miles from home)

I stopped in to see if they had both a mini and a small. I really need to see both side by side before I make up my mind. They did not have a small in stock, but I did get a good look at a mini.

I want something I can use at home in conjunction with my large. I think it would be nice to be able to have the ability to cook at different temps if so desired. I do have a Weber kettle, a home built UDS, and a gasser that I can always use....but hey, nothing is quite the Egg!

I also want something I can take on the road with me. I have to work away from home for months at a time. I'm in a hotel at the moment, but am seriously considering a travel trailer for future jobs.

I'm thinking the small might  be a better option for me. I want the ability to do low and slow and direct. The mini has no platesetter, but I am aware that people use a pizza stone and a rack from CGS to achieve indirect.

But the mini is just so cute looking, and it seems like it'd be a whole lot easier to travel with.....

Decisions....decisions

Comments