Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Shrimp on my LBGE

tactical_66tactical_66 Posts: 206
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Cooking shrimp on my LBGE tonight. A few lagers while the egg gets to temp.

Comments

• allitnilsallitnils Posts: 109
    mm.. Shrimp on the barbie!! No worries mate! ;)
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 12,445
    What about those Moreton (sp?) Bay Bugs??? 
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood.
  • tactical_66tactical_66 Posts: 206
    Making grits to go along with the shrimp. Real grits and not instant
    @tactical_66-my above comment was based on the fact that allitnils lives in Australia-now back here shrimp and grits is one of my favorite restaurant meals. It will be all good!
  • MeatHunxMeatHunx Posts: 16
    Right on! Here's a great spicy shrimp recipe I made the other night!

http://www.meathunx.com/2012/05/spicy-grilled-shrampz.html

Good luck!
  • tactical_66tactical_66 Posts: 206
    No worries. I tried to get a picture on the egg, but my daughter took all the shrimp off.
    @MeatHunx looking good.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    What about those Moreton (sp?) Bay Bugs??? 
    Moreton bay bugs: amazing!
    They would go brilliantly on the egg.. (if you can ensure they won't overcook..) :D
    @ allitnils-with the territory comes the challenge-and I'm sure you are more than up to it. They are great in a restaurant -can't imagine how much better with the BGE. 
    @ allitnils-with the territory comes the challenge-and I'm sure you are more than up to it. They are great in a restaurant -can't imagine how much better with the BGE. 
    They're also very expensive, at around $40 each..... 
    So perhaps they're best left for festive occasions.... .. or at the very least until I know what I'm doing, egg-wise..! :P
    They're also very expensive, at around $40 each..... 
    So perhaps they're best left for festive occasions.... .. or at the very least until I know what I'm doing, egg-wise..! :P
    Dang-I woulda dropped this had I known that-last time I had 'em was 1995 and they were quite reasonable $$ wise for the taste and experience (as I recall)-mind you it was Darwin and one of those "once in a lifetime opportunities" so please excuse my dated references.