Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

What else do you like to drink?

fletcherfamfletcherfam Posts: 889
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
So along with Alot of people on here I am doing my first pork butt today. Saw some comments from cen-tex and let the egg sit for a couple of hours with plate setter in prior to placing the butt. Stabalized temp with butt in at 250 de temp, woke up this morning and temp was 270. Didnt wake once to check it. (thanks cen-tex)

Anyway all that to say, I have seen a lot of people cementing about their adult beverage of choice, however today I was just craving a Mexican coke. You know the ones with real sugar in them... So it got me thinking, what else besides the adult beverage do you enjoy drinking?

Also anyone else out on pierce/kitsap county in Washington?

Happy 4th!!! Thanks to those who have served our country!!!

Comments

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 19,476
    place near me makes a great lime rickey, its a good work day lunch thing in the summer. other than that i kill myself with a dozen coffees a day
    :)) 1 v8 most mornings
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,416
    I like making sweet tea because it reminds me of my mom's sweet tea.  Playing outside all day, coming in, and grabbing some sweet tea in the summer = most of my childhood memories.

I also drink beer when cooking.

• bookswbooksw Posts: 256
    Club soda with lots of ice and lots of lime wedges!  I have an old countertop seltzer maker which is called a Soda Club but they changed their name to (got bought out by?) Soda Stream http://www.sodastream.com/
    Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs
  • Howdy_DoodyHowdy_Doody Posts: 146
    Water.  Really !
    Houston, Texas http://willsononline.com
    Water.  Really !
    they have drinkable water down there...... really
    :D
  • Howdy_DoodyHowdy_Doody Posts: 146
    Water.  Really !
    Well, we do have to purify it to kill the germs.  2 parts water, 8 parts tequila.  :!!
    Houston, Texas http://willsononline.com
    Water.  Really !
    Well, we do have to purify it to kill the germs.  2 parts water, 8 parts tequila.  :!!
    i kinda thought so..... up here the water is very drinkable......except behind the boat
    :))
  • troutgeektroutgeek Posts: 456
    ... Brandy, bourbon, gin, and beer. Yep, I'm from Wisconsin.
    Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber 22.5" One-Touch - Weber Smokey Joe
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,930
    2nd the sweet tea and add in Sun Drop

Greensboro, NC
  • BotchBotch Posts: 4,392
    Ice tea here, unsweetened.  I make it like sun tea, except I DON'T put it in the sun, it goes straight into the frig.  I think it has a lot cleaner taste that way.  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • NortharrowNortharrow Posts: 103
    Homebrew for me today, while watching the egg. Perfect.
    Kennebunk, Maine
  • EggucatedEggucated Posts: 213
    edited July 2012
    Taliskers, Tito's, Crown, Captain 'n Coke, Mojitos, Coronas, Mexican Martinis....

Favorite non-Adult beverage? Sweet Tea, Diet Mt Dew
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
  • Whiskey Old fashion sweet, beer, and sweet tea vodka and lemonade.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos