Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Steady temp time

ronthorontho Posts: 109
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I just lit the fire for an overnight but cook. Last time I waited about 45 min for temp to stabilize at 250 degrees. That was around 11 o'clock at night I woke up at 6 in the morning and saw it was 350 degrees. Thank goodness the internal temperature was at 199 in the pork was perfect. My question is should I wait an hour and a half 2 hours before I put the roast on? Thanks

Comments

• Yes
    Keeping it Weird in the ATX
  • ronthorontho Posts: 109
    Then I'll just have to pop open a few more beers. Oh wait I would have done that anyway
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    See that?
    Win-win!

:D
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Then I'll just have to pop open a few more beers. Oh wait I would have done that anyway
    Atta boy.
  • Once you get the hang, you won't need to but it's great practice to start early and get very stable before doing an all-nighter.
    Once you get the hang, you won't need to but it's great practice to start early and get very stable before doing an all-nighter.
    That's what I love about learning curve it always involves more beer

• blaccjackblaccjack Posts: 37
    I think I'll wait with you :-bd
  • LizzieSampsLizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Same here!  Cheers!!
    OK, walked out at 8:00 and grate temp 263 internal 169. Life is good. Happy 4th all.
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 9,713
    OK, walked out at 8:00 and grate temp 263 internal 169. Life is good. Happy 4th all.

Glad it worked out-patience is a key attribute for BGE low&slow cooks.  That and plenty of cold beers!

Happy B'day USA!

Louisville;  L & S BGEs 
    Pit Barrel Cooker
    ABC-