Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Steady temp time

ronthorontho Posts: 109
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I just lit the fire for an overnight but cook. Last time I waited about 45 min for temp to stabilize at 250 degrees. That was around 11 o'clock at night I woke up at 6 in the morning and saw it was 350 degrees. Thank goodness the internal temperature was at 199 in the pork was perfect. My question is should I wait an hour and a half 2 hours before I put the roast on? Thanks
·

Comments

• Yes

·
  • ronthorontho Posts: 109
    Then I'll just have to pop open a few more beers. Oh wait I would have done that anyway
    ·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    See that?
    Win-win!

:D
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • Then I'll just have to pop open a few more beers. Oh wait I would have done that anyway
    Atta boy.

·
  • Once you get the hang, you won't need to but it's great practice to start early and get very stable before doing an all-nighter.

·
    Once you get the hang, you won't need to but it's great practice to start early and get very stable before doing an all-nighter.
    That's what I love about learning curve it always involves more beer

·
  • blaccjackblaccjack Posts: 37
    I think I'll wait with you :-bd
    ·
  • LizzieSampsLizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Same here!  Cheers!!
    ·
    OK, walked out at 8:00 and grate temp 263 internal 169. Life is good. Happy 4th all.
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,675
    OK, walked out at 8:00 and grate temp 263 internal 169. Life is good. Happy 4th all.

Glad it worked out-patience is a key attribute for BGE low&slow cooks.  That and plenty of cold beers!

Happy B'day USA!

Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·