Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ground Beef Pizza

Options
gpsegg
gpsegg Posts: 427
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Was excellent. Here is recipe also photos.

1 Publix fresh pizza dough
1 pound ground beef
1 cup chopped sweet onion
1 cup chopped red pepper
Mozzarella, smoked provolone and gouda cheeses
1 T finely chopped cilantro
Ragu traditional jarred pizza sauce
Italian seasoning
Kosher salt
Fresh ground pepper
Garlic powder
Cornmeal
Parchment paper

Prepare Publix fresh pizza dough according to bag directions, stretching it out to about 13 inch crust, using cornmeal to keep it from sticking to the parchment paper or your hands.

Saute the ground beef, red pepper and onions until the beef is cooked through.  Stir in the seasonings.

Spread the sauce, then beef mixture then cheese.

Bake in BGE at 500 degrees for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted as you like.

Sprinkle cooked pizza with cilantro.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
George
Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.

Comments

• Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    Looks great, especially bottom of crust.
  • twlangan
    twlangan Posts: 307
    Options
    Looks good!

The last pizza I made, I used ground beef seasoned with oregano, basil, diced onion, and some garlic salt. In my opinion, it beat any italian sausage I have tried in the past. I made 1 lb, used half, and the other half is in the freezer waiting for the next pizza cook. Don't ask for a recipe though - I just browned the burger and added the seasonings til I thought it was right. Didn't measure anything out. Once its cooked, you can sample it for taste and add more seasoning if need be.

Have I ever mentioned that I live about 1/2 mile away from a cheese plant that makes mozzarella? I buy it in 6 lb blocks, freshly made. Don't think I have ever bought a block there that wasn't more than a couple of days old. The plant has been there since the 1930's and they have won several world-wide cheese competitions with their recipe. One of the reasons that pizza is quickly becoming my signature cook on my Egg.  :)

• Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    @twlangan do you get the whole milk mozz?
  • twlangan
    twlangan Posts: 307
    Options
    I did this last time. I usually buy the part skim, but wanted to try the whole. The part skim was good, but the whole is MUCH better. Better texture, better taste, and less needed.