Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

have brisket - will travel

Options
mamacooks
mamacooks Posts: 9
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum

My second attempt at a brisket is on the egg, 7# flat, 5 hours in - planning to take to family 4th tomorrow.  Finally decided to share some of the things I've been cooking.  Just hoping this one turns out as good as the first!  I've bringing the beef and a couple of sides, brother-in-law is doing the chicken, and host is doing the burgers & dogs!  Once it comes off the EGG, am planning to foil and rest for a couple of hours before I vacuum-seal. The question is - should I slice & seal, or leave whole and slice tomorrow after warming. (Slicing later leaves me not knowing if it's good or not....how much would it cost me to stop by the local Smoker wagon & buy several pounds of brisket...grin...)  Trying to post the picture of this one, let's see if  'you' can see.....