Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Brisket

Luvmyegg9272
Luvmyegg9272 Posts: 4
edited July 2012 in Beef
Just bought 4 lb flat cut brisket.....looking for good recipe. Temps and times please. Thanks!

Comments

• ribnrun
    ribnrun Posts: 174
    250 to 275 dome. Probaby 5+ hours. Put a fork in it and when it twists easy, it is done.

Good luck, a little flat like that will be hard to get tender without drying out. May have better luck braising it in foil with some apple juice.
  • Thanks for the advise
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Try searching for a brisket braising recipe posted hear a while ago by "Travisstrick".  Everyone who has tried has enjoyed the results.  It may also come up via Google.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Try searching for a brisket braising recipe posted hear a while ago by "Travisstrick".  Everyone who has tried has enjoyed the results.  It may also come up via Google.
    I think you'll find it here:

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1138233/brisket-how-i-do-it/p1
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • Dave in Florida
    Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
    Last flat I did I injected with:

1- quart water
    (prefer

3 - tablespoons beef base

1- 15-ounce can strong beef broth

Bring water beef broth to a boil and add the beef base stirring until it completely dissolves.  Let it cool and inject your brisket about each inch and let it sit overnight or a minimum of 6 hours.

I would go indirect with a drip pan.  I used 50 / 50 apple juice and water in my pan to keep the juice from burning.  Plus I think the water help create a moister interior in the egg.  I know, most will say that is not need but I felt better about it.  Cook 250 until internal of 190.  Then start check it every 5 -10 degree up until your probe slides in and out with very little resistance or the fork twist.  I use a probe myself.  It is a small flat and I think you are going to have to help it with moisture in the meat and the cook to keep it from drying out.

Here is my last flat. I used peach wood and Home BBQ.com Beef Rub.  It was very tender, juicy and great flavor.  Everyone loved it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    wow...now that's what i'm talking about....i bit the monitor going after a taste.....gotta get this brisket down pat as this looks to good to be true!  This has me ready to get after it this weekend!!!

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• Thanks so much for that recipe . I am going with it,will et u know