Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABT's, 3 racks of spares, and a small pork butt

alynd
alynd Posts: 130
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I plan on making all of these this weekend on my large.  Obviously, all of this won't fit on there at the same time so I'm thinking of getting a second grate and stacking it on top of some fire bricks.  Will it matter if the butt is on top of the ribs or vice versa?  Also, what size grate should I get for the top level?  Any other advice or ideas would be appreciated.

Comments

• calracefan
    calracefan Posts: 606
    I cooked nearly the exact same Saturday, 2 Pork Butts, 2 slabs of Baby Backs, ABT's. I started with the Butts and Ribs indirect @ 250 after approx. 5 hrs took the ribs off and replaced with ABT's (30), 2 hrs later enjoyed the ABT's, let the butt go about another hour. It came off fall apart tender. Think I might have to look for a raised grill such as from the ceramic gril store!
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    you can get a similar sized grate if close to the felt line. As you go higher, you will need smaller diameter grates.

Like said above, the ribs will be done first (or go on after) compared to pork butt, so make them easier to get to.

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket!