Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

About to order CyberQ

JWBurnsJWBurns Posts: 334
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Wifi version. This is my first digital unit, do I'll need all the goodies to get going.

I put together a package, and it's currently in my cart. I want to make sure I have everything I'll need.

Do I need the Power Raptor unit?

I selected the wifi unit, and the kit - my
Cart total is $404. Anything I'm missing?


  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    i believe the power raptor is for running extra fans and pits although not 100% sure . why not wait till tomorrow and call them .BBQ guru is about 5mins. from me and are really good to deal with plus there be able to answer any questions you have before ordering .
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • sjg34sjg34 Posts: 22
    I bought the cyberq wifi, pit viper fan, and the adaptor yesterday.  Not sure if I really need the fan but I bought it anyway. No power raptor is needed with an egg
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    edited July 2012

    The Power Raptor package comes complete with everything you will need to have precise temperature control of your ELECTRIC SMOKER. 

    like sjg said not needed 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    JWBurns, you need the unit, an adapter and a blower/fan.  The 10CFM model is what I usually get because it is plenty powerful and can be damped back with the built in damper.
    The Naked Whiz
  • setdahooksetdahook Posts: 155
    very jealous here but I will have to keep saving my pennies for now. 
Sign In or Register to comment.