Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Blackened Grouper and Gouda Cheese Grits (nom nom)

newegg13newegg13 Posts: 231
edited June 2012 in Seafood

Tonight's dinner: blackened gulf grouper (black), gouda cheese grits, and veggies.

We have a seafood market close to the house that sells fresh Gulf Coast seafood.  #Lucky.  So, we picked up a 1 lb. fillet of black grouper and some oysters (for tomorrow). 

I got the Egg to 500, stabilized, and added a cast iron skillet with veg. oil and butter.  After the temp got back to 500, the fillets went on, complete with a good coating of blackening seasoning.  4 mintues per side, and voila! 

It was one of my best Egg cooks so far. 

Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
fresh.jpg 473.7K
pan.jpg 508.8K
Flipped.jpg 553.5K
Done.jpg 689.6K
plated.jpg 2.4M

• newegg13newegg13 Posts: 231
    *Should've given Dr. BBQ credit on the recipe.
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,866
    So jealous. I'll be bringing some dead fish from my trip to gulf breeze, FL on Monday.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.