Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best chicken yet! Wow

Options
NewEnglandEgger
NewEnglandEgger Posts: 104
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Its funny how things work out.

I fired up my egg early this evening to prepare for an overnight pork butt at 225. I looking forward to cooking all day, so I did not stop to do the math until after I had settled in at my target temp.

So I had a grill at 225, and several hours to kill before the butt could go on.

What to do...what to do.

I decided to pull a chicken breast from the freezer. I defrosted it just a bit...was still very frozen in the center.

With cherry wood chunks buried in the coals, I decided to try Dizzy Pig Raging River as a nice flavor compliment. Have not used it before.

After about 100 minutes at 225 I applied a little Sweet Baby Rays and waited a few minutes until I reached 180 degrees internal.

I can honestly say this was the best tasting chicken I've ever eaten. It reminded me of some of the great BBQ chicken I have had while working in Kansas City.

The crazy part is...until I started to cut up the breast, I figured I had a total write off on my hands!

The bar has been raised!!!

Comments