Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Baby Backs

AleBrewerAleBrewer Posts: 555
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Made these last weekend. I tried using mustard for the first time. They turned out pretty good, and I will probably use mustard again. After the mustard, I applied my rub, and put 'em on the large with some apple chunks for 4 hours or so. Then applied a bit of Bone Sucking Sauce(original).

I also did an 8lb butt...in kind of a Porchetta style. I used oilive oil, garlic, fennel, parsley, and some fennel seed. Did that indirect with a pan underneath filled with water, fennel, celery, garlic, and some more rosemary. Caught all the drippings, and made a tasty sauce to pour over the pulled pork. I toasted some ciabatta rolls, and served with a nice sharp provolone. Made for some very tasty sandwiches! Sorry....I forgot to take pics of the butt.
imageimage

We took it all up to the coast of Maine to share with family.
DSCN1031.JPG
801 x 601 - 277K
DSCN1033.JPG
800 x 600 - 269K
DSCN1035.JPG
800 x 600 - 167K

Comments