Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Lump question?

SmokesignalsSmokesignals Posts: 16
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Just a general question about how long does an 8.8 lb bag of RO usually last you guys. I don't know if I'm burning too much or have a leaky gasket but just got my bag on Sunday done 4 cooks and bags more than 1/2 gone

Comments

• tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    Depends on the cooks. High and hot will burn faster for me. 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 5,060
    April 12 to June 23 I went through 27 bags.  Depends on how you cook.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to my daughter), MBGE and lots of toys

• gte1gte1 Posts: 376
    27 bags in ~70 days, very impressive. Are you cooking breakfast lunch and dinner on that thing? Wow

George
    George
  • Yeah not quite on that pace so I guess I'm doing fine I really do like how the RO burns and how fast it gets ready to cook
    27 bags in ~70 days, very impressive. Are you cooking breakfast lunch and dinner on that thing? Wow

George
    We have cooked on the XL and the Large at least once a day, for all but 4 or 5 days in that time.

• Nice. I just have lrg and Im trying to cook on it more theni used to. This forum makes me want to use mine everyday. I've had it for 6 yrs and I'm having that feeling I had when it was new wanting to use it all the time I love it like a new toy again
    Step over to the dark side, and you will never use that electric stuff in the kitchen again :-)

• Sgt93Sgt93 Posts: 704
    April 12 to June 23 I went through 27 bags.  Depends on how you cook.
    Wow Doc! That's some usage!!
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A bunch of Webers - A bunch of accessories - Ceramic Grill Works 2-Tier 
    Follow me on Twitter & Instagram: @SSgt93
  • JerkChickenJerkChicken Posts: 551
    One bag lasts me about 5 cooks on average.
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47