Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Competitions and contests

JwgreDeuxJwgreDeux Posts: 139
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Only had my egg a few weeks, so I'm still a newbie.  I've never been to a bbq contest or competition and was wondering if anyone had a good site/resource for locating when/where they are happening.  I'm in Alabama, so surely there will be plenty going on this summer.  Thanks.

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• seanwileyseanwiley Posts: 21
    If you are expecting to compete in a KCBS contest then I would suggest that you carefully read the rules and practice your timing so you can coordinate the turn in schedules. I see people who have worked incredibly hard all night to get all their meats prepared and then make a silly mistake with garnish or something and get disqualified. It is pretty depressing. I certainly hope you show up and have a good time, just make sure to plan a little ahead of time!