Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

PP Rub - With or without sugar?

FrachlitzFrachlitz Posts: 17
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
I am preparing my second round of pulled pork.

What is best? A rub with sugar (Like Meatheads Memphis dust) og sugarless like Dizzy Dust?
Griller from Denmark, Europe (BigGreenEgg Large, Weber Q300, Weber Gold 57cm)
·

Comments

• SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,272
    My bottle of Dizzy Dust contains (turbinado) sugar.
    ·
  • FrachlitzFrachlitz Posts: 17
    Ahhhh yes, ment Butt Rub :-)
    Griller from Denmark, Europe (BigGreenEgg Large, Weber Q300, Weber Gold 57cm)
    ·
  • Z_EggineerZ_Eggineer Posts: 567
    I like Butt Rub better than Meadheads Memphis dust personally, but it is all preference.  You can always add turbinado or brown sugar to Butt rub though, somewhere between 10-50% sugar sounds about right.  Just think about flavor profile and what you like in pulled pork.  Asian or latin inspired? Salty? Sweet? Mustardy? Peppery?
    ·