Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My first spatchcock chicken

FrachlitzFrachlitz Posts: 17
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
After a lot of research, i had to try it.

I went for a direct setup (witch i did not have), so it ended with 3 soda cans and a bottom grid from a weber :-)
I fired the egg up to 350f
Took out the chickens back, coated it in olive oil, and a home made (sugarless) rub.

Onto the egg - and took it off at 167f internal brest.

It was very good - but not a lot better than my normal on the egg.
Think i will try with more heat next time - or any suggestions?

Griller from Denmark, Europe (BigGreenEgg Large, Weber Q300, Weber Gold 57cm)
·

Comments

• newegg13newegg13 Posts: 231
    I did mine at 375. Also, the skin gets more crispy if you leave it uncovered in the fridge for 24 hours before cooking.
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
    ·
  • JKLJKL Posts: 12
    I want to try this, my next cook. In my opinion a BBQ'd chicken is one of the best meals going....
    Do you like the BGE Guru unit? Is it worth the $$. In Canada I have seen them only once in a store and it was $399.>>>> OUCH!!!
    Let me know.
    Cheers - The Bird looks great.
    ·
  • FrachlitzFrachlitz Posts: 17
    Will try at a higher temp next time.

JKL - I am VERY happy with the DigiQ - no hazzle with the temp - instead you can focus on all the other factors instead.

You could buy direct from BBQ Guru?
    Griller from Denmark, Europe (BigGreenEgg Large, Weber Q300, Weber Gold 57cm)
    ·