Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hump Day dinner and shrimp question.

Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
filet3.jpg
<p />After a giant killer python tried to attack me yesterday. I thought a nice filet was in order.
Ended up getting a nice filet and shrimp. I have marinating shrimp in Italian dressing, honey and cayenne pepper. Any other ideas out there?[p]Mike

Comments

• Car Wash Mike,
    since those shrimp are already marinating, not much else to do with them but skewer em, grill em and eat em. . .what i like to do with them is brush em with a little olive oil, a good shake of old bay and tsunami spin, then skewer em and grill em at around 425 for a couple of minutes per side. . .yummy. . .make up some of my own cocktail sauce (ketchup and horseradish to taste). ..[p]btw, is that our favorite italian meat wrapped around that steak?? looks good

• tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Car Wash Mike, Yes surf and turf is always good after you had to get rid of your soiled undies!!

• Car Wash Mike
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    They are not in the usuall mixture. I thought I would get ideas before I start.[p]That is our favorite Italian meat.[p]Mike

• Car Wash Mike
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    My bad. I meant to say I have been. I'm just now cleaning and peeling.[p]Mike

• bigarms
    bigarms Posts: 136
    Car Wash Mike,[p]I am a little late, so maybe next time you can try this.....sure cajun recipe.[p]Dip....do not marinate.....in Zatirane's liquid crab boil. Dwell time is not very long.[p]That is enough seasoning for now.....nothing else.[p]Now here is where I change the way you cook. Don't skewer and grill......hot fire = dry shrimp....and you want those babies juicy like boiled shrimp. I get the fire to 300 then put the shrimp on a cookie sheet...the one with the holes works ok if you are on a raised grill.[p]I sometimes use a lite whisp of hickory and go indirect.......especially if I have some fresh shucked oysters to go with it.[p]enjoy......bigarms
  • Car Wash Mike
    bigarms,
    To late for the liquid dipping. I have a veggie pan with holes in it. I think I will put the raised grid on after the searing of the steaks. How long? I guess until they turn pink.
    Thanks,[p]Mike

• Car Wash Mike,[p]I just did some shrimp and andoulle sausage skewers. I marinated the shrimp in olive, garlic and DP Swamp Venon then skewered them with the sausage cut in 1/2 inch slices. I squeezed some lime juice on them before I grilled them and then served with chopped cilantro. They were very tasty.[p]BUllet

• Car Wash Mike,[p]not long.......pink is the key. They will turn quick...try a couple at the end with a little smoke...hickory.....not bad.
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning Car Wash Mike:[p]I did these (about 1.5# total) directly on the lower grid level in my "holey" wok and only cooked for about 5 minutes total.[p]P3110017.jpg[p]The "red" ones had BlueSmokes Witchy Red and the others were DP Raging River or Tsunami Spin.[p]Finished product tasted great.[p]P3110019.jpg[p]Have a GREAT day!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Car Wash Mike
    SSN686,
    That is what I'm talking about Jay. My pan looks very similar.
    I only have 20 large shrimp. Poor Tammy doesn't like shrimp.
    Is that on a cast iron grate also?[p]Mike

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Car Wash Mike,[p]No, just the normal grate that came with the egg. Signing off for now. Heading home to pack and start driving to Waldorf for the EggFest Saturday (and a little sightseeing in DC). Wish you could make it.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL