Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Disassemble the egg

mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,752
edited June 2012 in Forum List
So when i changed my gasket the lid is off. Since i didnt assemble the egg. Can i take off the bands to fix the lid..? Or does that do somerhing to the spring? I need to readjust the bamds to get the lid centered
·

Comments

• troutgeektroutgeek Posts: 456
    Hopefully, you tie-wrapped the spring before removing the lid?
    Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber 22.5" One-Touch - Weber Smokey Joe
    ·
  • geegee Posts: 71
    edited June 2012

You should have two white plastic peices to hold the hinge shut. If not find something to tie the hinge together.

Who cares I'll post where I want
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,752
    When i got the egg there was no white plastic piece to hold it shut.  Any suggestions on what else to use?
    ·
    I forgot that you have an XL. For a large, I just use plastic zipper tie wraps. I think it's the same for XL's, but I'll refer to somebody who truly knows.
    Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber 22.5" One-Touch - Weber Smokey Joe
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,752
    I have a large.. And what exactly do you zipper wrap on the spring? Pic would be helpful if anyones got one
    ·
  • Robert15tRobert15t Posts: 9
    I removed my springs with no problem getting off or on.
    ·
    I found a good YouTube, and snapped a couple images from it. Hopefully this helps:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

·