Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Anyone built a temporary stand for their Egg?

FxLynchFxLynch Posts: 433
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
So I built my table last year and let it "dry" for a season.  Now I need to put the Tung oil on it and it's going to take a long time to sand it, put on multiple coats, etc.  
I don't want to go without the Egg for all this time, so I'm wanting to use left over wood from building the table to make a small stand. I never bought a nest because I built the table the week I bought the Egg.  And I don't have a private back yard, I rent and the back of my yard is exposed to a parking lot so theft or vandalism would be a big threat with the egg just sitting on the patio.

I know I can just wing it, but if someone had already built something and could give me some ideas it would be great.