Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Mini help.

mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,745
edited June 2012 in Forum List
So i just bought a mini. The questions...

What is the best way to lift it? I bought the cooler and it fits nicely in there. I store the basic egg stuff in there(pizza stone, cap, daisy wheel ect) and it can be quite heavy without having anything to really grasp to pull it out.
So what do you do to get it out if the cooler/move it around?

Also how do you store the mini? I just have an open deck and my lg bge has a cover. Also what do you do to lift the mini up? I dont have a table and im not really looking forward to being on my knees to cook.
·

Comments

• LitLit Posts: 3,846
    Remove the cap and take the firebox/fire ring out if you think it's heavy and its much lighter. I carried my mini in the wood stand I made for it across a parking lot to tailgate this weekend its not that heavy. When I take the mini out of the stand I lift it under the lip on the base. I posted a minute ago about the mini carten cost which is a stainless carrier with handles that is really cool. I want one as long as it's not overly expensive.
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,745
    Yeah I saw that, if you find out can you Private message me the cost? I think that it would be pretty sweet.  I liked the idea of the cooler to drag it, but then it ends up weighing quite a bit(since everything is stored in the egg) so i would really like that carrier.
    ·
  • MDB  I have the carTEN for our mini and I really like it.  It travels safe in the car, no tipping or sliding and easy to transport.  When I carry the the mini I take the innards out to lighten the load. 
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • We are debating adding a mini to our LBGE.  Know you just got it, but would love to know how you use it and if you recommend it. 
    1large BGE and 1 well used mini BGE living in coastal South and North Carolina!
    ·
  • 2SC. Our cooks on mini are no different than our cooks on the large or small, just quantity is reduced. Have done hot and fast, pizzas, casseroles,baked taters, roasted veggies and low and slow cooks. It travels with use when we go to STexas for family visits and when we go to fests. It is a little work horse
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • It makes the best steaks. The lg is good for steaks.. But the mini is phenomenal...
    ·