Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Howdy! Let me introduce myself......

Chunky_CharcChunky_Charc Posts: 56
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum

I have had my eye on an Egg for sometime, just waiting for my gasser to run its course.  Well my wife surprised me with a large Egg for Father's Day.  I discovered this forum a couple of month's ago and used your wonderful information and links to research and basically make myself miserable until I actually got the Egg.

I cooked a couple of whole chickens as soon as I got the Egg home and setup.  I cooked it at about 275 for maybe 2 hours (I forgot to look at what time I put them on the grill but I did monitor the temp of the chickens until they reached 170).  Next time I will have to note start and stop times.  Bottomline, the chickens were just perfect...super moist with a perfectly crisp skin.  I was more impressed than I expected....so was my wife.  I look forward to many more cooks.

Thanks for all the help this forum has been up to now.  Hopefully I will be able to throw out some good ideas and contribute, but I imagine I will still be learning much from the real cooks on this forum.

Look forward to the conversations!

Chunky_Charc

Comments