Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Another new egger- brisket and turkey

bookswbooksw Posts: 234
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
We bought our BGE memorial day weekend and I have been cooking on it about 3-5 times a week since.  I absolutely love it.  I have always cooked on charcoal and went through several webers and a large brinkman and they all get replaced due to rust.  Also, they don't hold their heat too well.  

I started reading this forum early May and tried to register but for some reason there was a big delay before they would finally call me "member".   One of the best things I have done on the egg was a texas style brisket- thanks to all the tricks I have learned on this forum.  It didn't turn out the best of any of the food I have made (IMO) but it was definitely the best experience.  My daughter graduated from 8th grade on June 3.  We put the meat on the egg at 10:30 PM Jun 2 and stayed up next to the egg just talking and tweaking the temp- that time together was priceless. There is something about smoke and meat cooking... I went to sleep at about 1AM and she stayed up till about 2:30 and I got up at about 6.  We hung around the house and took the meat off the grill at 195 degrees at about 3 PM, wrapped it in foil and a towel and put it in a cooler and went to her graduation ceremony at 4.  We had friends over at 7 for the feast and everyone loved that brisket (I thought it was dry but very tasty).  It was a flat because I couldn't find a packer in Charleston SC. This past weekend I found a place that sells them (Teds Butcher Block) and I am going to try it again a few weekends from now when my daughter comes home from summer camp.  We'll have the same friends over- they love being our brisket guinea pigs!! 

I am taking the day off from work today and am planning on cooking a beer can turkey starting around 3.  It has been brining since Sunday. 
Charleston, SC