Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ideas for quick egg cooks?

JerkChickenJerkChicken Posts: 551
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
I always find myself trying to think of things to cook on short notice that I can just pick up from Publix on the way home from work and cook in under an hour.

What are your favorites?
LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
·

Comments

• We've been on a kiolbasa and sausage w/ peppers kick lately
    ·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022
    Do you have a wok? Stir fry is super fast if you can get it prepared the night before.
    ·
  • JerkChickenJerkChicken Posts: 551
    Sausage/peppers sounds good.

I use the wok, it's great. It's a lot of prep but definitely worth it.
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    ·
  • spotco2spotco2 Posts: 61
    Umami Burgers

Pork Chops

Drunken Chickens

All can be done in about an hour or so.
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,565
    We do burgers or grilled chicken breasts on short notice. Both excellent with very little prep time.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,808
    Center cut pork loin. Rub with salt lick and brush bone sucking sauce. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • GarlicGarlic Posts: 40
    Shrimp can also be done rather quickly, we use a perforated basket to cook them in. Only takes a couple of minutes using a spider to get close to the lump. Seasoned with Montreal Chicken and canola oil. Served on a bed of brown rice.
    ·