Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Sous Vide Learning

GlennMGlennM Posts: 332
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
OK, all the talk on here about sous vide and I was forced to purchase a "Demi". This is an exciting learning process for me. So far I have done a dry aged strip loin, 2" pork chop, potatoes and carrots. I currently have some riblet's on the egg that spent 7 hours in the bath at 160 (I noticed a bit of air developed in the bag?). I took them out of the tub, sauced them and have them on the egg at 300 with a couple of cherry chucks. Should be good, I will see soon

I have a 2 pound prime rib steak in the fridge that is sealed with salt, pepper, garlic an fresh rosemary. I plan on putting it in the Demi at 132 tomorrow for a couple of hours. I also have 2 x 1 pound flank steaks sealed and spiced to join the prime rib for a bath. They are for the weekend so I plan on pulling them when done and putting them in ice water for a bit. All the cow meat will be grilled at high temp on the egg.

OK, now that you have my plan, anyone have any suggestions for time, temp, etc? I want to find the perfect balance of "sous vide" and egg!

Comments