Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken wings on new PSWoo2 with extender + Dizzy Dust

Options
paqman
paqman Posts: 4,670
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Dizzy dust - Does anyone know where to find Dizzy pig spices in the Ottawa or Montreal area?

Doing them direct at 400 degrees.

Comments

• paqman
    Options
    imageimage

Options
    Nice use of extender, cant wait to try mine. . . you get over 50 wings on there? How long was total cook? Any worries with amount of chicken fat dripping on coals because you stayed direct? Sometimes that chicken fat creeps up on me and I get some bad smoke fast.

Also, never seen the ranch & hot sauce topping like that, interesting!
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • paqman
    Options
    Nice use of extender, cant wait to try mine. . . you get over 50 wings on there? How long was total cook? Any worries with amount of chicken fat dripping on coals because you stayed direct? Sometimes that chicken fat creeps up on me and I get some bad smoke fast.

Also, never seen the ranch & hot sauce topping like that, interesting!
    It was about 60 wings @ 400f for 45 minutes.  They turned out great, did not stick to the grates at all and although the drippings did generate a lot of smoke, I would not qualify it as "bad" smoke.  I was scared at first but they did not taste too smoky, just a little touch.  Next time I will probably reduce the temperature to 375f and cook 35-40 minutes.  I'd say about 10 of them were a bit dry, probably the ones in the hot spot (rear of the egg near the hinge).

Topped a few with sour cream and the thick version of Frank's red hot and a few others with ranch dipping sauce.

Options
    K thanks for sharing and nice cook. As for dizzy dust, I just order from amazon and didnt know they sold much to retailers.
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • amtrac
    amtrac Posts: 7
    Options
    how did you turn the wings on the bottom grarte?
  • paqman
    Options
    how did you turn the wings on the bottom grarte?
    Did not turn them.  Most of them were great, about 10 were a little dry but still good.

Options
    Where did you get your grill extender? Will it fit on a PSWoo3?
  • paqman
    Options
    Ceramic grill store - yes it would fit.  Just go in the woo section, click on the buy now button and you should see the extender.

Options
    Ceramic grill store - yes it would fit.  Just go in the woo section, click on the buy now button and you should see the extender.
    Just this morning TJV said he shipped his last extender. Not sure if he is going to make more. I've got a message to him, waiting to hear back. Hope he makes some more as I was thinking about ordering one next week.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Oh....and nice job on the wings!! =D>

Rowlett, Texas

• paqman
    Options
    I guess it's a good thing I did not wait to order! ;)

Options
    Dang, I didnt get my order in. My wife told me to wait until after father's day, then just told me "Why did you wait?" when I told her it was sold out
    L-)
    San Antonio, TX. LBGE.
    Wolf Studios Photography
    http://www.wolfstudiosphotography.com
  • AleBrewer
    AleBrewer Posts: 555
    Options
    Glad I got mine a few weeks ago! Haven't been home to use it yet though. Hoping to get home next week and try it out.

Wings look great!
  • Elde
    Elde Posts: 148
    Options
    Just this morning TJV said he shipped his last extender. Not sure if he is going to make more. I've got a message to him, waiting to hear back. Hope he makes some more as I was thinking about ordering one next week.
    I got a message from him indicating that it will be months, if ever, before the Extender is back in stock.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Bummer. :(

Rowlett, Texas