Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

mangrates

Comments

• Mangrates... They'll make you taller!  
  • bbrawler said:
    Mangrates... They'll make you taller!  
    Yeah, but will it work better than Enzyte? Wasn't that supposed to make me longer, thicker, last longer and ... I need a moment! I'll get to to Y'all later .... LOL!
  • bbrawler said:
    Mangrates... They'll make you taller!  
    Yeah, but will it work better than Enzyte? Wasn't that supposed to make me longer, thicker, last longer and ... I need a moment! I'll get to to Y'all later .... LOL!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I really do enjoy using my Mangrate!

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited January 2013
    I really do enjoy using my Mangrate!
    OK...driving me crazy...what is that pic from?

Doh!  Nevermind...Enzyte commercial :)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    @Boomer - There are many respected folks on this forum, and I do not mean any offence to anyone I do not include here, but I think I have a cost effective business solution for you and your pal Justin. (Although I secretly want this "interesting" thread to continue)
    Contact these folks via PM to get their ship to address and ship four demonstration sets of this product to (listed in alphabetical order):
    @The_Cen-Tex_Smoker - well respected and experienced voice on this forum
    @Nolaegghead - always, well interesting, the "science guy"
    @Little_Steven - Tons of experience and provides the "international" perspective
    @Mickey - Salado guy (you want to demo here anyway) lots of experience on different size eggs

If this product is as good as you claim, the endorsement of this "crew" will guarantee you business success. Rather than provide discounts to all eggheads, simply get the support of some of the most respected and sell to the rest of us at your regular retail, full of value price. Basic business 101. 

Good Luck!

@Boomer sent me a note to call this outfit. Talked to Justin and he is sending several for us to use at Salado EggFest March 16th. Will give all away to Eggers after the Fest. Cool.....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    That is pretty cool...glad to see after all the hoopla this thread has a happy ending.  Looking forward to hearing the report. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• HDmstng
    HDmstng Posts: 192
    There is nothing more manly than a wine spritzer!  

Boomer could you possibly talk to your main friend and totally not business partner Justin and see if he can throw in a case of Mangria with each purchase* (for limited time only) to give us eggers something to occupy ourselves while the mangrates do all the work making our food outstanding?

Wine spritzer, make mine a Zima!
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited January 2013
    Mickey said:
    @Boomer sent me a note to call this outfit. Talked to Justin and he is sending several for us to use at Salado EggFest March 16th. Will give all away to Eggers after the Fest. Cool.....
    Oh Gawd !  If Mickey likes the Mangrate, he'll start hawking them in every thread, like he does his Mini wok, his High Q, and his Mini Egg.   ~X(

And, he'll thrown in his one good picture of chicken drumsticks to make himself believable. 
    =))

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    edited January 2013

@Idiot Village..... Just when I was starting to worry where you were........

Oh I remember now. You and the VA Protologist were having lunch. That was lunch?

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Mickey said:
    Oh Gawd !  If Mickey likes the Mangrate, he'll start hawking them in every thread, like he does his Mini wok, his High Q, and his Mini Egg.   ~X(

And, he'll thrown in his one good picture of chicken drumsticks to make himself believable. 
    =))
    I can't take this  bickering anymore. I will sell a Mini this afternoon Sir just to show you.

• It's probably the one I won at Salado, but you held it back and kept it secret from me.   b-(

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Look what I found. Since I'm not active in the day to day operation of our stores anymore, I don't see what's sitting in the back room and never gets closed out. Ace Hardware warehouses no longer stock these, which equates to slow sales and becomes a canceled item. Our cost on the 2 pack was $36 and change some time ago, they were retailing for $59.99. At least they are made in America! I'll try these out a report back in a few days. Maybe the Maillard reaction is better with these or the vaporizing juices imparting some smoke flavor is what Boomer is experiencing.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Mickey

No Sir, It is the one you were going to win in Salado next March.

:bz

• Go for it Billyray !  I will put great stock in your opinion.  Thanks. 

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Forgot the pic.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    HDmstng said:

There is nothing more manly than a wine spritzer!  

Boomer could you possibly talk to your main friend and totally not business partner Justin and see if he can throw in a case of Mangria with each purchase* (for limited time only) to give us eggers something to occupy ourselves while the mangrates do all the work making our food outstanding?

Wine spritzer, make mine a Zima!

Zima...with a jolly rancher.

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • I thought so.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Eggucated
    Eggucated Posts: 213
    Wow, not one mention of a Ginsu Steak knife! Seems like the perfect pairing for a man grate!
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Mickey said:

=))
    And his kilts.....
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Boomer
    Boomer Posts: 115
    That is pretty cool...glad to see after all the hoopla this thread has a happy ending.  Looking forward to hearing the report. 

Happy Ending?

This is barely getting started...

@Mickey, My fingers are X'd and hope they meet your expectation.

They're will be some happy campers @ the Fest taking some of these home and puttin them to work.

Cheers :)

• Mickey
    @Boomer we will give them a run at the Salado Fest. I will ask @Village Idiot to try one out. It will be the next day to get his report as Gary's station is 9 miles down creek.

• EggerinLA
    EggerinLA Posts: 186
    No contest. GrillGrates are better and they make them to fit the Egg. The GrillGrates owner has participated in numerous Eggtoberfests also. Below is a link to a non biased discussion on both products and some of the posters did a blog review of both. The overwhelming winner was the GrillGrates. I love cooking on mine. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120663
  • EggerinLA
    edited January 2013
  • EggerinLA
    edited January 2013
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    EggerinLA said:
    No contest. GrillGrates are better and they make them to fit the Egg. The GrillGrates owner has participated in numerous Eggtoberfests also. Below is a link to a non biased discussion on both products and some of the posters did a blog review of both. The overwhelming winner was the GrillGrates. I love cooking on mine. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120663
    Thanks for the link. It would be interesting to compare the to head-to-head. As of right now, it seems that the grill grate would be the winner for me based on the price and the fact that they offer one of the very few accessories for the medium egg. I can get it in a 15" or even the 13" and put it on my fire box for coal-level searing. Perhaps this isn't needed based on the way the grill grates cook. What is your experience?
  • EggerinLA
    One of the bloggers in that thread I linked did a side by side comparison and he said the GrillGrates won hands down. I love using mine. I primarily use them for burgers and steaks, but used them for other things as well. They are very easy to clean and maintain. I highly recommend them. http://grillgrate.com/
  • mimauler
    mimauler Posts: 136
    I think that the people have spoken and an "endorsment" from this forums most "important" people are not going to save the mangrates.   
  • EggerinLA
    mimauler said:
    I think that the people have spoken and an "endorsment" from this forums most "important" people are not going to save the mangrates.   

Thank God, most people (I hope) aren't puppets, but individuals.
  • mimauler said:
    Mickey is the only "important" person on the forum.  If he likes the Mangrate, I'll buy 10 of them.

Dripping Springs, Texas.