Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First attempt baby back ribs w/ the EGG

jojobugayjojobugay Posts: 7
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Looking for pointers on my first attempt at a baby back ribs cook on the EGG. Doing both dry & wet ribs and also a small tri tip. Looking for the right temp and time and any other recommendations for fantastic results. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• tjtoedtjtoed Posts: 4
    I used to do 225 indirect, but find 275 indirect gives a nicer "color" and bark if that is possible...

I also used to do the 3-2-1 method, but didn't like the fall off the bone you get with that method.  I now just smoke/cook for 3 to 4 hours and when they are done (bend test or toothpick) you can sauce and/or serve...

best to just get a single rack and experiment... until you find the method that works for you.

225 to 275, indirect should get you started...
  • Phoenix824Phoenix824 Posts: 239
    I do indirect at 250.   Baby Backs go quicker than spares.     I do the bend test
    Steve
    Van Wert, Ohio
    XL BGE