Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First attempt baby back ribs w/ the EGG

jojobugayjojobugay Posts: 7
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Looking for pointers on my first attempt at a baby back ribs cook on the EGG. Doing both dry & wet ribs and also a small tri tip. Looking for the right temp and time and any other recommendations for fantastic results. Thanks in advance.
·

Comments

• tjtoedtjtoed Posts: 4
    I used to do 225 indirect, but find 275 indirect gives a nicer "color" and bark if that is possible...

I also used to do the 3-2-1 method, but didn't like the fall off the bone you get with that method.  I now just smoke/cook for 3 to 4 hours and when they are done (bend test or toothpick) you can sauce and/or serve...

best to just get a single rack and experiment... until you find the method that works for you.

225 to 275, indirect should get you started...
    ·
  • Phoenix824Phoenix824 Posts: 243
    I do indirect at 250.   Baby Backs go quicker than spares.     I do the bend test
    Steve Van Wert, Ohio XL BGE
    ·