Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brisket question

friscoagfriscoag Posts: 97
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
I put on a brisket this morning about 6am. About 115 my wife says the flat is about 200. I'm in a golf tournament so I tell her to pull and wrap in towel till I got home. It seemed a little quick to me. It sat for about an hour, point is very tender. Flat feels a little tough still. I decided to put it back on at 225 for awhile. Once I got it back on and probe back in it was at 150 range. I've already cut off the point and burnt ends cut and ready to go back on smoker.

My question is will cooking the flat make it more tender? Should I cook it back up to 200? It was probably a 9-10 pounds after trimming and it cooked for only bout 7 hours at about 270. (I like cooking it a little hotter than 225)
·

Comments

• friscoagfriscoag Posts: 97
    It is wrapped in foil with some of my beef broth based injection marinade.
    ·
  • Not sure. If it actually was 200 when she saw it, it's done. It will just dry out if you cook it longer. If you think she was right and it was not a thermo issue or something like that, wrap it up till you are ready to eat. 

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    That's a big flat isn't it?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • friscoagfriscoag Posts: 97
    That was total weight before cutting off point
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    Sorry, got a pair of readers on that are a coupla numbers light

Steve