Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Trailer Hitch

Options
fiver29
fiver29 Posts: 628
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Anybody have experience using this?  Does it work?  I'm guessing it does.  I would just worry bumps might crack the egg.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

Comments

• fiver29
    Options
    So no one has bought one of these?
    Strongsville, Ohio

[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    Don't have one....but the distributor rep down here in Central Texas had one loaded up at last year's Texas Eggfest. He drove from Dallas with no problems on the cracking front. Pretty cool rig, but pricey!
  • fiver29
    Options
    About how much do they run?  Thanks!  

I hope they too crazy.  But knowing how they price everything else I think I know the answer to that 
    :)
    Strongsville, Ohio

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    A guy here posted they run about what a XL egg costs. I would be concerned about cracks, but if they're selling it they must protect against that? Maybe? Hopefully? Lol
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I would rather put the money towards a smaller unit or spend $30 on a PotLifter and put it in bed of truck. 
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • fiver29
    Options
    Ahhh, that's what I was afraid of.  

Looks like I won't be getting one of those.
    Strongsville, Ohio

• Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Options
    I would rather put the money towards a smaller unit or spend $30 on a PotLifter and put it in bed of truck. 
    I have a pot lifter and although it makes carrying your egg easier, it still sucks trying to move your egg. Me personally, I'm terrified of humpty dumptying mine. GASP!
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I bought one of these a few years back when they were $299:

http://www.broilkingbbq.com/accessories/keg/hitch-adapter-kit.html

The bubba keg kamado came with it for free ;). Easy to load and travel with, won't crack either. I leave the eggs at home.