Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

21 pound shoulder tonight!

Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
I have it cocked, and loaded! Whos with me on an overnight cook tonight?

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 18,643
    What is the "3 n 1" in the background?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817

I did two whole shoulders a couple of years ago. One of them took 32 hours. The other came off in about 18 as I remember

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• gatorBGEgatorBGE Posts: 80
    Now I feel inadequate, just pulled my little 8# off, foiled and wrapped, waiting for later.
    Large Egg October 2011
    MiniMax December 2014
  • Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995

Good stuff my friend! Just a vinegar mopping sauce.

I did two whole shoulders a couple of years ago. One of them took 32 hours. The other came off in about 18 as I remember

Your right. I cooked one at Jack Daniels last year and it went 26 hrs, if I remember correctly. I always get a little different flavor off my shoulders.
  • jay75jay75 Posts: 153
    My last whole shoulder took 22hrs, I've still got a couple of bags in the freezer. That was a long night of adult beverages! Enjoy...
    edited June 2012
    My last whole shoulder took 22hrs, I've still got a couple of bags in the freezer. That was a long night of adult beverages! Enjoy...
    I've been doing yardwork all day, smelling that puppy cooking. Getting looks from the neighbors!

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    I don't have neighbours close enough but used to love that when I did

Steve 

Caledon, ON

21 hours later-----