Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Asparagus suggestions?

LowflyerLowflyer Posts: 748
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Never done this one on the Egg. I'm thinking grill until desired doneness? Maybe EVOO and a sprinkle of some Dizzy Dust? Any suggestions appreciated.
·

Comments

• EggdamEggdam Posts: 215
    edited June 2012
    Also add a splash of soy sauce to the oil. Bragg's soy is the best. Or half EVOO and half soy.
    ·
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    I'll let them sit in soy sauce and sesame oil for a half hour before grilling. They are good with evoo and lemon pepper seasoning too.
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,322
    I'll let them sit in soy sauce and sesame oil for a half hour before grilling. They are good with evoo and lemon pepper seasoning too.
    +1
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • I do evoo, salt, pepper, roasted garlic and shaved Parmesan or asiago to finish. 

·
  • OutcastOutcast Posts: 112
    I took 4 stalks and wrapped them with prosciutto and made little bundles with them. Grilled them direct while I was doing chicken.  My wife loved them.
    ·
  • LowflyerLowflyer Posts: 748
    edited June 2012
    Are all these suggestions direct on the CI or drop some foil under them??
    Cen-Tex, the wife likes urs w the parmesan.
    ·
  • EggdamEggdam Posts: 215
    edited June 2012
    Direct on the grill 350ish
    ·
    Direct on the grill 350ish
    Correct-amundo.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • CT, are you near a Wegmans? Or do you buy and have them ship it to you?
    neither. they just pooped up on my websearch for the brand I buy

·
  • Are all these suggestions direct on the CI or drop some foil under them??
    Cen-Tex, the wife likes urs w the parmesan.
    Figures she would- It's my wife's recipe :)

I love it though

Mine is done in a veggie basket but you can do on the CI. The garlic might fall through but you can add more

·
  • CT, are you near a Wegmans? Or do you buy and have them ship it to you?

neither. they just pooped up on my websearch for the brand I buy

That would be POPPED up on my websearch

·
  • Chunz82Chunz82 Posts: 14
    I make that roasted garlic jar at my glass plant. Ill have to try it out on asparagus.
    ·
  • Make some rafts with your asparagus. Stick 2 toothpicks thru about 5 stalks evenly spaced. Grill at about 350f and season with olive oil,salt and pepper before. Simple and very delicious. Easy to flip with a spatula.
    ·
  • I make that roasted garlic jar at my glass plant. Ill have to try it out on asparagus.
    Cool!

It's good stuff. I'm sure fresh is better but we like it

·
  • LOL... I am hoping you meant "popped"
    :)

·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,024
    Don't underestimate the power of good old salt & pepper. Place em in a bag with a little EVOE and s&p, then shake. Grill em up. They are great that way. By far my favorite egged veggie.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    I'm the same as cortguitarman. S&P&EVOO.
    I uae bamboo scewwrs to make rafts and get a piece of foil ready to cover the tips so they don't burn.

But the soy and sesame sounds good too
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
    Great tips guys, thanks!! Went w the balsamic dressing and finished w a lil parmesan. http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh612/jholland70/83435220.jpg
    http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh612/jholland70/5ca00ac9.jpg
    With a lil fried rice leftovers from the wknd wok cook
    http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh612/jholland70/140233df.jpg
    Tasted great!!! Thanks for all the suggestions.
    ·
    Make some rafts with your asparagus. Stick 2 toothpicks thru about 5 stalks evenly spaced. Grill at about 350f and season with olive oil,salt and pepper before. Simple and very delicious. Easy to flip with a spatula.
    Liking that raft idea. Must try next week.
    ·
    I just ordered some clips from Sur la Table.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • NewportlocalNewportlocal Posts: 474
    I just ordered some clips from Sur la Table.

Those are cool I have an asparagus steamer from there. I think I will get a some of those clips. Thanks for the awareness.
    ·