Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Redfish recipe

Babyray
Babyray Posts: 250
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have fresh redfish filets. Need recipe for BGe. HELP. thanks, [p]Ray Price

Comments

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Babyray,
    blacken or grill and do a maple butter glaze

• Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    Babyray,
    Scott's Blackened Redfish Chunks[p]Ingredients
    1, legal 26 15/16" redfish, caught on a topwater plug at dawn.
    butter
    tabasco
    italian bread crumbs
    blackened redfish seasoning
    cast iron skillet[p]Ok, you can catch your fish on live bait, but it wont taste as good. Filet and skin the red. Cut the filets into 1" chunks. Roll the chunks into a bowl of melted butter and *3 drops tobasco to cover. Next mix a batch of **2/3 bread crumbs and 1/3 blackening seasoning. Roll the buttered chunks in this mixture until all sides are covered. [p]Now, get your cast iron skillet smokin' hot (I mean hot) and drop in enough chunks so that you have room to work with them. Try to blacken as many sides of the chunks as you can. Cooking time for each batch should be appx. 10 minutes if your skillet is hot enough. The result should be crispy spicy chunks and happy campers.[p]*adjust to taste or use the milder Louisiana hot sauce
    **adjust the ratio to taste[p]

• Banker John
    Banker John Posts: 583
    Babyray,
    Ditto on Borders recipe. You can vary it with a few thnigs...[p]roll filets or chunks in melted butter and sprinkle heavily with your favorite rub (try Raging River)[p]make sure the cast iron skillet is really, really, really hot. It will smoke very heavily which means DO NOT prepare this indoors.[p]Banker John

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Borders,[p]That sounds fantastic.... even with my coffee at 7am.

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Babyray,
    Again, Borders is right on it. Just don't do what I did and get confused and toss the stick of butter into the raging hot cast iron skillet!!!! That was intense.
    I knew butter was somewhere in that recipe......

Apollo Beach, FL
  • Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    WooDoggies, I bet it would be fantastic with your coffee. Some grits on the side. Killer.
    Scott