Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nature's Grilling Lump

Options
Eggdam
Eggdam Posts: 223
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Anyone used Nature's Grilling Mesquite or Hardwood blend charcoal?  Any opinion on the two?  Since I live in Canada we don't seen to have the selection of charcoal as you do down south.  I've tried Maple Leaf which was good but seemed to have a lot of small pieces in the bag.  Any recommendations for charcoal north of the Border would be great!

Comments

• Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Options
    Natures Own hardwood blend is high quality stuff. I really like its subtle but unique flavor and fragrance. It has a nice even burn and little ash....the size of pieces is not overly large but very usable...I really like it. It's in my top three along side of Wicked Good WW, and Ozark Oak. I never tried their (N.O.) mesquite or Maple leaf to compare against but I don't think you'll be disappointed if you buy it.
  • Eggdam
    Eggdam Posts: 223
    Options
    Natures Own hardwood blend is high quality stuff. I really like its subtle but unique flavor and fragrance. It has a nice even burn and little ash....the size of pieces is not overly large but very usable...I really like it. It's in my top three along side of Wicked Good WW, and Ozark Oak. I never tried their (N.O.) mesquite or Maple leaf to compare against but I don't think you'll be disappointed if you buy it.
    Thanks for the input I will for sure give it a go.  That works out to about half price over the BGE lump!