Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Tried the Cow Lick rub tonight on ribeyes

FxLynchFxLynch Posts: 433
edited June 2012 in Forum List
So with a sad heart (and wallet), I have to say ON STEAKS I don't like the Cow Lick rub nearly as much as my usual Kosher salt/fresh cracked pepper.  I am looking forward to trying it on perhaps a lesser cut of meat that needs more flavor, or on a large cut of beef, or even burgers.

My fiance actually mentioned it before me, just that she preferred my usual simple rub as opposed to the Cow Lick.  I was already thinking this.  My 5 year old was the first to speak up, she is quite the little analyzer, mainly for Thai but also other foods. She is already good at picking out individual spices in foods.

So far, Dizzy Pig is 1 win/2 losses in our house.  (Raging river-win, Dizzy dust and Cow Lick- loss) However, I'm pretty sure the Tsunami Spin will even that score to 2/2 just based on tasting a small sample of the rub alone. Please note, this is our particular taste, not a slam on the company, or even saying YOU won't like their rubs, just wanted to report back with a personal experience.

Frank

Comments