Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Gas grill or Egg, What to do????

JoeAJoeA Posts: 22
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Getting ready  to fire up the Egg for 6:00 P.M. dinner but I'm putting a brisket on around midnight.  Want to set it up for a low & slow but I'm concerned it will be too hot to handle.  Should I do dinner on the gas grill?

Considering setting it up now for dinner, shutdown then restart.  Any thoughts?

Comments

• gte1gte1 Posts: 376
    edited May 2012
    Fire up the gas grill to make sure it still works! :))
    George
  • JoeAJoeA Posts: 22
    It's been a while!!!!!!!!
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    Your timeline gives you at least 4hrs between shut down and start up. So keep the cob webs in the gasser and only use the amount of lump you need for dinner, then clean the ash and add new lump for your brisket.
  • gte1gte1 Posts: 376
    I use mine a lot. Every time I use the egg I use it to hold my tongs, plates, grill scraper, MAPP torch......

George
    George
  • EggucatedEggucated Posts: 213
    I did wings, then shut it down until it got to 250. Tossed two butts on and cooked another 16 hours no problems. Although, I do my wings at 450 indirect, legs up not sure what temp you were cooking dinner at.
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    edited May 2012
    I look at the gasser every day and chuckle at it rusting away...
    Lynnwood WA