Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Instant Read Thermometer Opinions

Options
13»

Comments

• Newportlocal
    Newportlocal Posts: 474
    Options
    I have left my thermopen out in the rain several times and recently submerdged it in 400+ degree oil for 4 seconds (dont ask) and it still works like a champ.

Ouch! Glad it's ok. I think my wife would come home and say you never cry, what's wrong why are you crying.

Thermoworks has a deal now. If you get the thermapen with flames it is a high enough purchase to qualify and they send a key chain thermapen free with it. I had just missed that when Cen-Tex and I bought it right before that offer. I emailed them and they are sending me one free. Very nice of them.
    Where did you see this offer i just got on there website and did not see an offer like this

http://www.thermoworks.com/emails/2012_06_01_happy_fathers_day_cons.html
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I have left my thermopen out in the rain several times and recently submerdged it in 400+ degree oil for 4 seconds (dont ask) and it still works like a champ.

Ouch! Glad it's ok. I think my wife would come home and say you never cry, what's wrong why are you crying.

Thermoworks has a deal now. If you get the thermapen with flames it is a high enough purchase to qualify and they send a key chain thermapen free with it. I had just missed that when Cen-Tex and I bought it right before that offer. I emailed them and they are sending me one free. Very nice of them.
    Dang! I'm doing the same thing. Do you have an email address for me? That's pretty cool

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Newportlocal
    Options

Dang! I'm doing the same thing. Do you have an email address for me? That's pretty cool

tom@thermoworks.com Yes, it was very cool of him.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Thanks Newport!

• Newportlocal
    Options
    You are welcome.Btw I replied on the thermoworks fathers day email offer from him.. If you got that email. It might be a better way to reply.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I didn't get it. I didn't allow emails from them. Tha ks though.
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Options
    ccpoulin1 Chrispy? It doesn't work that way! You can't insult me and the British. You're supposed to insult me and tell me that yours is better.....LOL

The Cen-Tex Smoker I am seriously considering changing my profile pic to the Green Guy pic.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    ccpoulin1 Chrispy? It doesn't work that way! You can't insult me and the British. You're supposed to insult me and tell me that yours is better.....LOL

The Cen-Tex Smoker I am seriously considering changing my profile pic to the Green Guy pic.

Dude, you must.
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Options
    I'll get right on that...........I just hope it's easier that finding construction paper.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I'll get right on that...........I just hope it's easier that finding construction paper.

Money. Love it.
  • ducksbuddy
    ducksbuddy Posts: 56
    Options
    therma pen all the way!
  • ccpoulin1
    ccpoulin1 Posts: 390
    Options
    got my thermopen today, plus i bought a RT304 since they were only $19.00  i tested them both in an ice bath, and the speed difference of the thermopen versus the RT304 is amazing.  Both were pinpoint accurate in both the ice bath test and the boiling water test.  I now see why the price difference is so much.....go thermapen or go home!

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• Newportlocal
    Options

Update: Got the key chain thermoworks thermometer from Tom today along with the complimentary jelly beans.They already made the best product. Now they definitely have a customer for life. Serious customer service from them.

Thanks Newport!

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    You are welcome.Btw I replied on the thermoworks fathers day email offer from him.. If you got that email. It might be a better way to reply.

They hooked me up too. I was very nice and asked (didn't demand) and they were very gracious. Good folks.
  • Newportlocal
    Options
    Hmm.. Some kind of glitch on my last post.
    Cen-Tex just got the themoworks keychain thermometer today with another bag of jelly beans. I already knew they were the best, but that is some serious customer service. I will be a loyal thermapen customer for life.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Hmm.. Some kind of glitch on my last post.
    Cen-Tex just got the themoworks keychain thermometer today with another bag of jelly beans. I already knew they were the best, but that is some serious customer service. I will be a loyal thermapen customer for life.

Read above. Very good peeps
  • Drphil9001
    Drphil9001 Posts: 29
    Options
    So I finally...got side tracked earlier...ordered my flaming thermapen...can't wait...missed the keychain special, will have to email and see if they have any left!
  • Newportlocal
    Options
    So I finally...got side tracked earlier...ordered my flaming thermapen...can't wait...missed the keychain special, will have to email and see if they have any left!

Congratulations! You won't regret it.

Cen-Tex glad to hear it worked out. They are very nice.
  • Drphil9001
    Drphil9001 Posts: 29
    Options
    Just got it Friday. First cook with it will be this week. Keychains were all out, but I did get jelly beans!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Just got it Friday. First cook with it will be this week. Keychains were all out, but I did get jelly beans!
    Yeah, I never got mine either. No biggie.
  • jay75
    jay75 Posts: 153
    Options
    Order the purple Thermapen---it is faster than all of the others---get the purple
    Green is the fastest, at least it's the only color labeled as "racing"

LOL---the British drink warm beer because they have lucas refrigerators!  Though it is a beautiful color, i have passed alot of that color in my day.......

All in fun, have a great day!

Chrispy

Warm beer is for old geezer's wearing braces...! I like mine xtra cold... Likey the Guinness!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    @ Jay75-you have a short-sighted view of geezer's and if you are lucky you may graduate into the fraternity one day.  BTW- xtra cold is not the preferred temp for Guinness-but you may acquire that insight on life's road trip as well.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • jay75
    jay75 Posts: 153
    Options
    @Lousubcap that's just my "British" sense of humour.