Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Is your Big Green Egg still cooking even though it’s cold out? We hope so! We love the opportunity to cook heartier meals on the EGG during the winter. Some recipes you definitely want to try are Double Smoked Potatoes, BBQ Chicken Soup, Monte Cristo Sandwich and Breakfast Quiche. These are sure to keep your stomach warm & full! We can’t wait to see what winter-inspired dishes you cook!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Brisket question/survey

smokinsoonersmokinsooner Posts: 161
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum

It's been awhile since I've posted.... but back in full BGE mode now.

Sounds like Brisket is the cook of choice this weekend and I am doing one as well! I've seen discussion about this before, but I can't find it (hidden in the forum)...

Some folks trim the fat cap, (in one you-tube video, the guy removes almost all fat)... some of you don't touch it.

I'm asking for pros and cons. Reccomendations? 

Thanks in advance for the help!

BOOMER!

Comments

• I trim it down tight (1/8 inch or so) so i can eat it. If you leave it on there whole, it's pretty fatty and can affect the taste. If you trim it off after, you lose all the good bark that you worked so hard to get.

I've found a nice tight trim is the best bite (for me). A little fat and a lot of bark.

• EggucatedEggucated Posts: 212
    I'm with Centex, I don't really enjoy eating fat, I prefer the bark.
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    I've seen people leave it on and not even put any rub on that side, because they are going to just sorta rake off all the fat when they take it out of the smoker.