Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Packer Brisket on a medium egg?

Options
Lostboy
Lostboy Posts: 9
edited May 2012 in Beef
anyone have luck fitting a packer brisket on a medium egg?  It seems like most standard ones would be too long to fit on there.  I planned on doing one this weekend so any help/suggestions would be great in terms of size or tricks to fitting one onto the smaller area of the medium, as it looks like the packers barely fit a large egg in most pictures people have posted.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    I have a LBGE but something I have seen used is an upside rib rack to expand the "surface area".  I'm sure MBGE owenrs will be along with true experience.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • tnbarbq
    tnbarbq Posts: 248
    Options
    If you can stack a second grate, you could cut the brisket in half.  Half on top, half underneath.
    Scooter 
    Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    take a tape with you to the grocery store and measure to find a brisket that fits your grid.  yeh, I did it when cooking on my medium.   you have a couple options:  1. small stubby packer, less than 12 pounds or 2. a bigger flat with a nice section of point attached.  with the flat look for a thick one with even thickness across the flat.  

last thing you can do is put a beer can or similar under the center of the brisket go give more grid room.  once the brisket shrinks, remove the can or such......

t   
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.