1) place setter position (legs up or down)
2) temperature. Someone who does a lot of smoking told me he does 5 briskets at 300-350 for 12 hours. I've seen 250 as the common temp here and 2 hrs per pound. What is everyone's preference (will be setting up Friday and want to take to in laws on Saturday mid day
3) moisture. Same guy above does briskets foiled and after seasoning pours a cup of water in the foil set up. All the pictures I have seen I haven't seen the briskets foiled just set on the grate. What should I do?
4) I'm learning all the terms, but my brisket has little to no fat on top and the bottom is all fat. Do I trim that fat?
5) I'm not an experienced cook at all, if anyone has a link to an easy walk through or if you have any suggestions to help me wow my wife (so she sees the purchase as worthwhile that would be helpful)