Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Frustrated newbie

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,563

1200 is not out of the question if conditions are right. It gets hotter than you will ever need it to.

And occasionally when you don't want it to.  You need to monitor the heat and not get distracted.  Most of us have turned the thermometer back around on itself one time or another.

As a side note, I have done some purposeful experimentation with my Mavrick to test the sensor limits.  It seems 600 degrees is about the point it goes into HHH.  So far it has come back every time.  I don't want to jinx it by giving details, but all my original sensors have done many, many cooks.

XLBGE X 2, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys