Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Select prime rib steaks

burr_baby33burr_baby33 Posts: 503
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Had dinner guests at our lake house Saturday. Since there is nothing better than a great prime rib on the egg, I called the local independent grocery and ordered 8 one inch prime rib steaks. When I picked them up Friday I said said they are choice, right. Butcher said they were select but assured me they would be fine. Got home and looked at them, little or no marbling, realized I might be in trouble. Cooked a test steak Friday night, perfect medium rare but it was pretty tasteless and a little chewy. decided not to serve these steaks to our guests so I replaced steak with spatchcock which was great.
Now the question: what do I do with seven mediocre steaks? Grind into burger, cook as usual, slice thin and serve with BBQ sauce, jerky or ???
·

Comments

• TarHeelBBQTarHeelBBQ Posts: 317
    Beef Vegetable Soup and freeze it. You'll be glad you did in January.

Thanks,

TarHeelBBQ
    ·
  • cssmd27cssmd27 Posts: 137
    Take them back to the grocer and demand a full refund. Not what was claimed and did not perform up to expectations and IMO, you were pretty clear with the butcher about your expectations.
    ·
  • marinate them. make Fajitas, stuff like that

·