Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Select prime rib steaks

burr_baby33burr_baby33 Posts: 503
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Had dinner guests at our lake house Saturday. Since there is nothing better than a great prime rib on the egg, I called the local independent grocery and ordered 8 one inch prime rib steaks. When I picked them up Friday I said said they are choice, right. Butcher said they were select but assured me they would be fine. Got home and looked at them, little or no marbling, realized I might be in trouble. Cooked a test steak Friday night, perfect medium rare but it was pretty tasteless and a little chewy. decided not to serve these steaks to our guests so I replaced steak with spatchcock which was great.
Now the question: what do I do with seven mediocre steaks? Grind into burger, cook as usual, slice thin and serve with BBQ sauce, jerky or ???
·

Comments

• TarHeelBBQTarHeelBBQ Posts: 317
    Beef Vegetable Soup and freeze it. You'll be glad you did in January.

Thanks,

TarHeelBBQ
    ·
  • cssmd27cssmd27 Posts: 173
    Take them back to the grocer and demand a full refund. Not what was claimed and did not perform up to expectations and IMO, you were pretty clear with the butcher about your expectations.
    ·
  • marinate them. make Fajitas, stuff like that

·