Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Select prime rib steaks

burr_baby33burr_baby33 Posts: 501
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Had dinner guests at our lake house Saturday. Since there is nothing better than a great prime rib on the egg, I called the local independent grocery and ordered 8 one inch prime rib steaks. When I picked them up Friday I said said they are choice, right. Butcher said they were select but assured me they would be fine. Got home and looked at them, little or no marbling, realized I might be in trouble. Cooked a test steak Friday night, perfect medium rare but it was pretty tasteless and a little chewy. decided not to serve these steaks to our guests so I replaced steak with spatchcock which was great.
Now the question: what do I do with seven mediocre steaks? Grind into burger, cook as usual, slice thin and serve with BBQ sauce, jerky or ???

Comments