Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Grease build-up on Daisy Wheel

JscottJscott Posts: 174
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum

How do I get this off? It's sticking to the top of my BGE and I have to use a hammer to get it loose.

Can I put it in the dishwasher?

Thanks!

·

Comments

• xraypat23xraypat23 Posts: 421
    never the dishwasher! put it in the egg when it's really hot 650+ leave it on the rack and let it cook, or throw it directly on the coals...either way you need to re-season it with some sort of oil, canola peanut, something, to prevent rusting
    ·
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Put it on your grate and burn the gunk off....store it in the egg while it's still hot after each use and you shouldn't have the problem anymore.

Dishwasher is a bad idea....it's cast iron.
    ·
  • Sounds like a burnout is in order if your daisy is that nasty. Get your egg nice and hot and put it I there with anything else you want to get clean. It should pop off when your egg gets hot if you can't get it off beforehand.

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,851
    After each cook, I place my daisy wheel in the egg on the grate as the egg cools down. I never have any issues with build up.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,675
    +1 with Travis above-nothing else needed.
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • JscottJscott Posts: 174

Got it, I've obviously missed this step and will correct today with a solo daisy wheel burn!

Thanks!

·