Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

3+ level Cooking on LBGE

Z_EggineerZ_Eggineer Posts: 574
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone been able to get more than 3 levels of cooking on the egg?  I saw someone do a "spiral" of ribs to fit SO many on the egg.  I love the quality the egg produces but want to be able to cook many many things at the same time.  Pics if you can, but anything would be appreciated.

Comments

• Z_EggineerZ_Eggineer Posts: 574
    I have seen the AR before and it looks really good.  How many levels have you gotten, Cen-Tex? 2? 3?  more?  (sorry I am so dense)
  • Don't have one yet but looks like to does 3 depending on thickness. Most guys use it as a double for doing 2 briskets or butts. Think you could do 3 for ribs
    Keeping it Weird in the ATX
  • Smoker_GuruSmoker_Guru Posts: 372
    I have the AR with the rig extender and can do 3 levels. I also have the Woo3 extender that i often use with the AR to get the 3rd level.
  • xraypat23xraypat23 Posts: 421
    I've got the adjustable rig and the BGE grid extender, I've done 2 levels of butts with ribs on top. You'll be surprised how much you can actually fit in there.
  • bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 1,154
    I think I have about every product from ceramic grill store. Are there some objects you want put on each level and take a photo for you?

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• misumisu Posts: 213
    Just buy another egg :)
  • Z_EggineerZ_Eggineer Posts: 574

I would love to have multiple eggs, but funds not currently available.  I agree that there is significant vertical space.  Any pictures would be great.  So I am guessing from bottom-to-top, it would go:
    1.5" - Ceramic Stone

3.0" - Standard Grid

4.5" - Dual grid w/ extender.

Please let me know if I have something wrong.

• JayHawkEyeJayHawkEye Posts: 196
    6" bolts with washers and nuts securing extra grates...
    "Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA