Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

3+ level Cooking on LBGE

Z_EggineerZ_Eggineer Posts: 567
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone been able to get more than 3 levels of cooking on the egg?  I saw someone do a "spiral" of ribs to fit SO many on the egg.  I love the quality the egg produces but want to be able to cook many many things at the same time.  Pics if you can, but anything would be appreciated.
·

Comments

• Z_EggineerZ_Eggineer Posts: 567
    I have seen the AR before and it looks really good.  How many levels have you gotten, Cen-Tex? 2? 3?  more?  (sorry I am so dense)
    ·
  • Don't have one yet but looks like to does 3 depending on thickness. Most guys use it as a double for doing 2 briskets or butts. Think you could do 3 for ribs

·
  • Smoker_GuruSmoker_Guru Posts: 372
    I have the AR with the rig extender and can do 3 levels. I also have the Woo3 extender that i often use with the AR to get the 3rd level.
    ·
  • xraypat23xraypat23 Posts: 421
    I've got the adjustable rig and the BGE grid extender, I've done 2 levels of butts with ribs on top. You'll be surprised how much you can actually fit in there.
    ·
  • bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 1,011
    I think I have about every product from ceramic grill store. Are there some objects you want put on each level and take a photo for you?

Big Lake, Minnesota

Large BGE, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

·
  • misumisu Posts: 213
    Just buy another egg :)
    ·
  • Z_EggineerZ_Eggineer Posts: 567

I would love to have multiple eggs, but funds not currently available.  I agree that there is significant vertical space.  Any pictures would be great.  So I am guessing from bottom-to-top, it would go:
    1.5" - Ceramic Stone

3.0" - Standard Grid

4.5" - Dual grid w/ extender.

Please let me know if I have something wrong.

·
  • JayHawkEyeJayHawkEye Posts: 191
    6" bolts with washers and nuts securing extra grates...
    "Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA
    ·