Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Roasted red peppers

Prof DanProf Dan Posts: 339
edited 4:07AM in EggHead Forum
Fire up that Egg to a high temp, maybe 550 or so; add in some wood chunks. Put the whole peppers on the grid. Rotate every 5 min, charring the skin, for about 20 min, till they are soft. [Tip for impatient cheaters: the MAPP torch will char the places that don't get charred fast enough.][p]Let the peppers cool on a plate. Peel off the skins and clean out the seeds. [Taking off the charred skin is pretty easy. Getting rid of all of the seeds is not so easy, but it is worth it.] Chop the peppers into squares. Put 'em in a jar with chopped raw garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and italian seasonings. Let 'em sit for a day in the fridge. They will keep for several weeks.[p]These are good in a salad.
·

Comments

• badbrucebadbruce Posts: 353
    Morning Prof Dan,
    I use those same roated red peppers everywhere. Meatloaf, ona roast beef sandwich thet're great, salads, fajitas, etc. etc. etc.
    Roasting brings out the sweet flavor.
    Your recipe looks good.
    bruce

·
  • GreendriverGreendriver Posts: 128
    badbruce, I was just going to ask ProfDan about other uses so I guess you answered that one before it was asked. Thanks
    ·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Prof Dan,
    ????????????
    Are we talking bell pepper or?????[p]Thanks,
    New Bob

·
  • Prof DanProf Dan Posts: 339
    New Bob,[p]Yes -- red bells.

·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    2fc74072.jpg
    <p />Prof Dan,[p]When you are done with the char, toss the peppers into a paper shopping bag and fold the lid closed. After a few minutes, the moist heat generated will loosen the skins for an easy peel.[p]~thirdeye~
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • Chef ArnoldiChef Arnoldi Posts: 974
    3438%3A34323232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2327%3D8%3A3%3D677%3Dxroqdf%3E23233%3A7%3A39558ot1lsi
    <p />Prof Dan, this is the way i do it

·