Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Wow I love my egg - Where Have You Been All My Life - Am I Gonna Get Fat?

StoaterStoater Posts: 291
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Either I am going to end up 300lbs or it is healthier to eat on the egg, when my dealer dropped the egg off 2 days ago he said most people loose weight, is this true and if so what would be the reason, other than not eating out as much.  Hmm more time with the egg = more time with a beverage =  larger belly, argg its a vicious circle. 

Did chicken thighs skin on First night at 400-450 to try to break the gasket in, they were great nice crispy skin, did umami hamburgers last night at 500, they were great, got a little bit crispy on the underside as left on too long, tonight gonna try some steak and lamb chops as we are having sis in law over tomorrow night as its is her birthday and she is bringing filet mignon, so tonight will be a trial run, thought about cranking the grill up to 700 searing for a minute either side and then taking them off and lowering the temp to 450-500 to finish, would this be the way to go?  Any tips would be appreciated. Thermapen arrives midweek so cooking by time and visual/touch.

Oh and am I past the break in point for high temps? my gasket looks a little singed around the inner edge, is that normal.

Sorry for all the questions.

Pizza planned for sunday.

Cheers.

Comments