Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pork Loin Recipe

Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
I recently posted this stuffed pork loin that I did for my S-I-L and a few folks asked for the recipe.  It is pretty simple.

Pork loin
your favorite rub
thinly sliced onion
finely minced garlic
finely minced ginger
1/2 stick salted butter
2 T rub

1. cut the pork loin down the middle and open it like a book
2. dust it liberally with your favorite rub
3. place a layer of thinly sliced onions on top of that
4. then a layer of garlic and ginger
5. close the book and tie every few inches
6. wrap in plastic and put it back in the fridge for about 4 hours
7. cook at 350 until it reaches 125 internally, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours depending on size and thickness
8. begin basting every 10 to 15 minutes with butter and rub mixture until it reaches the desired temperature-- I believe I did 145, about another 45 minutes
9. I let it rest for about 20 minutes before slicing

In the end you should have this...

I liked this one a lot.  It made a wonderful dinner and delicious leftovers.  It is most certainly more savory than some loins I have cooked, but I have found that I prefer savory to sweet.  I also believe that while very tasty on it's own it could be a good starting point for many variations.
Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com